In this lecture, we examine the idea of artificial life, past and current research efforts, and the potential impact artificial sentient ‘beings’ may have on our world in the future.
Additional Learning Resources
- A Simple Artificial Life Model Explains Irrational Behavior in Human Decision-Making [PDF]
- Carlos Gershenson (2009). What Does Artificial Life Tell Us About Death? International Journal of Artificial Life Research. 2(3):1-5. 2011 arXiv: 0906.2824v1
- Artificial Life – MIT Press Journal
- Computers: Artificial Life Framework
- International Society of Artificial Life
- The Artificial Life Lab – Envirtech Island, Second Life