In this month’s talk, I discuss a concept knows as the singularity and examine how the progression of technologies may impact our world in the future.
Additional Learning Resources
- Singularity University [LINK]
- Goertzel, B. (2007). Human-level artificial general intelligence and the possibility of a technological singularity: A reaction to Ray Kurzweil’s The Singularity Is Near, and McDermott’s critique of Kurzweil. Artificial Intelligence, 171(18), 1161-1173. [PDF]
- Sandberg, A. (2010, March). An overview of models of technological singularity. In Roadmaps to AGI and the future of AGI workshop, Lugano, Switzerland, Mar. 8th. http://agi-conf. org/2010/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/agi10singmodels2. [PDF]
- Lombardo, T. (2012). Consciousness, cosmic evolution, and the technological singularity. Journal of Futures Studies, 17(2), 93-100. [PDF]
- Vinge, V. (2008). Signs of the Singularity. IEEE Spectrum, 45(6), 76-82. [PDF]